Skip to main content

" No more a stranger, nor a guest, but like a child at home"

 Today I was getting ready for church and a song was in my head. 

Just the tune, not the words. I vaguely remembered it being from a BYU production that my parents used to watch. I thought it was a thanksgiving one. So as a shot in the dark I asked Alexa to play "Thanksgiving praise songs from BYU". Of course she couldn't find it. But she said "Here are other songs from BYU concert choir" and then proceeded to play THE EXACT SONG I WAS LOOKING FOR.

Either God or Alexa was listening to my humming. But really, though I still feel agnostic-ish, I want it to be God. I want it to be a tender mercy, them sending me a loving message through this song. And though my shoulder skeptic tried to tell me it was just a lucky coincidence, I let myself be wrapped in the moment and the loving words of the song. I imagined it like a lullaby my Heavenly Parents (Mormons believe God is both God the Mother and God the Father, two parents, that are our parents) were singing to me. Then as I listened to the words I was touched even more, especially at the last line as the author pleads to come live with God and says..


"No more a stranger, or a guest, but like a child at home."

This part moved me to tears. To imagine being with my Heavenly Parents, home with them, safe, loved, secure, and at peace. Not as a stranger or guest, but like a beloved child. 

What a touching vision this is for me.

And even more touching if it was a little vision sent to me from God. 

I'm going to say it was. And let myself just bask in their love for me. 


Here's the song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM0jsNkoIjc

Comments